Thursday, January 20, 2011

Submission Guidelines

I am happy to review books for any age up to young adult, but aim mostly at younger readers.  Picture books, chapter books, middle grade and early young adult are all fine, but the guiding principle is that these should be safe for parents, grandparents, teachers and librarians to buy, recommend or read aloud.

Books for middle grade and early young adult may contain some scary situations and some romance, but nothing terribly graphic in terms of violence, swearing, drugs or sex.

I am happy to receive review copies in electronic or print form, but I do not guarantee a review here.  While I rate on a five star system, very few books will appear here that receive one or two stars.  I may review those on Amazon or Goodreads or elsewhere, and probably will, but this site is for books I am comfortable recommending.

This is a multicultural, multiracial open and affirming book review site.  I welcome books with characters of various religious backgrounds.  I will happily review books with married characters of the same gender, but will warn readers in case any adults are uncomfortable with such arrangements [note:times change, thankfully].

Please send any submissions to BLanghinrichs (-at-) gmail (-dot-) com

No comments:

Post a Comment