Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: My Dad by Anthony Browne

My Dad

My Dad, published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux in April 2001
Author/Illustrator: Anthony Browne

In this marvelous and warm picture book, a child tells about his dad with a touch of exaggeration, but tons of love. The illustrations show the dad, always dressed in pajamas and a bathrobe, wrestling with giants, walking a tightrope clothesline, and jumping over the moon, among other exciting feats.

Young children will love the pictures, but mostly will love to share this with their own amazing dads. Very little emphasis is made on the gender of the child, so this would be equally appreciated by boys and girls, ages 1-4. I strongly recommend this as a book for children and their dads to share.

Four out of five stars.

See more about My Dad on Amazon.com
See the board book version of My Dad on Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment