Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Adding a Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness tag


Search for reviews tagged with new Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness tag.

A while back, I added a Diversity tag, which has been quite popular. When I recently reviewed Once You Know This, I realized that socioeconomic diversity might not really fit under that Diversity tag, but that more and more books are coming out with themes of poverty, hunger and homelessness. Not only do I want to encourage readers to find and explore these books, I want to encourage myself to read and review more of them (as has happened with diverse books). Hence, a new tag was needed.


As with the Diversity tag, I don't want in any way to segregate such books. A good book is a good book, and I want to recommend it for its quality and readability. I want a librarian looking for excellent middle grade books to look at all the middle grade books.

It can also be a judgement call for some books where money troubles play a role, but may not be the major theme. But like most things on this review blog, I'll just have to use my judgement as best I can. Please don't hesitate to comment on a review if a tag seems inappropriate or you want to know more about why I added that tag. I'm always happy to respond, and sometimes even change my mind.

I've created the tag and added it to the Areas of Interest and tagged my first book. I will start going back through old reviews and seeing if any fit. Then, I'll start looking at books I can read and review that would fit in that category. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, I'd love to hear them in the comments.


Search for reviews tagged with new Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment